A new way to design embedded app' using Luos [Intro]

Modular bike alarm tutorial

In this tutorial series I’m going to show you how to make your own Luos app using a fully modular bike alarm as example.

INFO : For this tutorial you need to understand Luos basics and embedded C development constraints.

Developing modular applications for embedded systems allows you to make your system evolve and adapt to a lot of different configurations.
Luos is designed to make this kind of applications easy to do. In this tutorial I will give you basic rules to make them as flexible as possible and easy to maintain.
During these series we will see how to think and develop such an application step by step.

Intro : The purpose of this tutorial
Step 1: Make a basic alarm
Step 2: Make our alarm adaptable and hot-pluggable
Step 3: Add another app controlling the alarm
Step 4: Make our alarm evolve using a truck horn and more
Step 5: Connect our system to the cloud

For this entire tutorial, I’m going to use luos prototyping boards and Platformio, but all the concepts exposed here can be used to make your own app with your own hardware in your own development environment.

The complete project (soft and hard) is available on our Github examples: https://github.com/Luos-io/Examples. Platformio project are under Project/bike_alarm, and all complete app of this tutorial are on the Apps folder.

If you have any question or comment about this step of the tutorial, feel free to reply to this post.

Next: Step 1: Make a basic alarm >>